Thursday, January 26, 2012

The First Quick Trip


Lake Michigan

Back in December, the week before Christmas, my mom and I drove up to Wisconsin to get my little sister and bring her home.  Every trip to Milwaukee is full of childhood nostalgia for me.  I look at things differently now, though.  I see the road on the way to my grandparents' house for the 
beauty in the countryside as well as for the joy of a visit.  I see the difference between the sky over the lake and the sky over the rolling hills in Kentucky.  The cold air bothers me more now than it did as a little girl, most likely because I'm not wearing a snowsuit.  But what I see most differently is that although I will always say I'm from Wisconsin, Louisville is my home.  I tell people I grew up here, because for the most part, I did--I entered young adulthood here.  

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Gorgeous photograph. I spent a day in Wisconsin when I was driving this summer and I would have liked to see more. That said, I think I need to get to Kentucky and Tennessee soon too.