It's super fun.
For my first project, I decided to make a cover for these useful but unattractive storage drawers.
[caption id="attachment_257" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I have five of the white ones you can hardly see, next to the blue unit. This was taken my old apartment."][/caption]
I used this project:
It went fairly well, though I missed a bit on the measurements (math has never been my strong suit) and should've used a different fabric for the front. I clothespinned some lightweight sheer something over it, and it looks better now. It was too much of a watermelon at first. Oops.
But, overall, I like the results.
[caption id="attachment_259" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="before and after"][/caption]
The room still needs some work, but I really like how it feels. Once I get a desk down to this place, it'll be the perfect workspace as I finish my last undergraduate class.