Sunday, July 4, 2010

thrifting

I started my new job at Cville University this week and made a quick discovery: I have almost no professional clothes.  I mean, I had some from my practicum in  2008, but not enough for everyday wear.

So I went to goodwill and a local consignment store and came away with five shirts, five sweaters, and a skirt for about $33.  Yeah.  It made my day.

[gallery columns="5" orderby="rand"]

I've been having a good bit of fun thrifting and assorted objects found at my parents' house.  For the next few weeks, Cory and I will be working in different cities :(.  I will have a bit of time on my hands-when I'm not working, anyway-so expect a few more projects in the near future.  The internet is spotty, but we're working on that.

I am really loving working in at the university.  I didn't hate Chick-fil-A, but working this new job is rewarding.  I do a lot of little detail work, but it actually matters for the people involved.  I have part of the responsibility for enabling students in their academic careers-something that matters a lot to me.  These degrees can do so much for these students' futures, and I get to be a part of it.  I've come to realize that this is the reason I wanted to go into education when I started college.

I hope everyone is having a lovely fourth!  We're eating burgers and such tonight.  What are you up to?

No comments: