Sunday, August 22, 2010

ta-da!

So, for a few weeks, in my dear free time, I've been working on a project.

Take a look...

[gallery]

It's always been a little dream of mine to sell some of my crafts.  I've never felt the guts to attempt; even now, I wonder if anyone else will like the things I make, and if they're good enough quality to sell.  I know I put time and effort into them, but I'm not an expert in any form.  I don't have any sort of art course under my belt and my sewing is merely a hobby--one that has drastically improved lately, but still a hobby.

So I made a few things and gave them a test run simply by wearing them to work at famvid and the university, and after a couple of complements, I decided to take a chance and open a little shop on etsy here.

Ultimately, the deciding factor was an arrangement I made with a friend of my sister's who has been selling necklaces to raise money for rapha house.  I'm selling the lovely necklaces in the "stone's throw" category on Etsy.  They're only $8 and the entire proceeds go to Kaitlin's fundraiser, which has already made over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS for Rapha House!

Have a wonderful day!

p.s. any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I'm quite an amateur and would love suggestions for improvements in my little projects.

No comments: