Friday, October 1, 2010

interruptions :: free time

I always feel unsettled when I have free time like I do these days.  I'm not used to it.  I feel like there is something I absolutely should be doing.  I feel like I'm wasting my time when I know all these people who are going places, starting careers, double majoring, and things like that.  It's weird to watch an undisclosed number of reruns of nineties shows, especially because I've never been much of a TV watcher.

So a rather flustered me rattled off about all those funny feelings to a very nice husband who smiled and reminded me to enjoy this time out from the hectic life that's waiting for me as soon as I start grad school.

Well said, love, well said.

Having time is a rare gift in life, it seems.  Cory's right, I need to enjoy having it.  I can use it to work on my dreams, ideas, my craft obsession, my extensive list of books to read...

and I can do so without guilt, because each of those things is actually beneficial, not just to me, but to others.

Time can be easily wasted, but it can easily be well-used.

and sometimes it's best to waste a little time, because who knows when you'll have that luxury again?

just some thoughts.

I've remade a dress, sewn a tunic top, sent off some little presents, and put in a decent number of hours at work this week.  I think I can justly read a book...after I put the laundry away. Who am I kidding, I'll never read if I put it off until then.

1 comment:

Lisa Ridgely said...

I hope you enjoy your free time! Like so many things, it's definitely most treasured when it's most elusive! Too bad we can't bottle up extra free time for later use when we've no time to spare.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!