Monday, November 21, 2011

How [not] to Write a Paper



Repeat from ten am to six pm with one break to make coffee, one to warm up lunch in the microwave, and one to make a cup of peppermint tea, accompanied by occasional texts to an old friend who is an undergraduate English major and deserves to know just how fun it is to write graduate seminar papers on topics you only sort of care about.


It took me almost all day on Saturday to write six of the ten pages of my first draft that are due on Tuesday (the final draft will be twenty-something pages).  They're not stellar, but they'll do for now.  Guys, this does not bode well for my future as a grad student.  I have apparently lost the ability to crank out decently-researched, adequately composed papers at a moderate pace.  Hopefully I'll pick it back up soon.

1 comment:

Tiffany Kadani said...

You can do it! Seriously- you've come this far and you can do the rest.