Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter Reading


Source: google.com via Katie on Pinterest


A friend just sent me the link to the New York Times list of 100 Notable books of 2011.  I have yet to read any.  This will change over the break.  How many books can I cram in between December 13 and January 9?  I'm about to become a regular at the library and finally pay the fines on those overdue books from the summer.

Here's my list so far...

pre-2011 titles I've been meaning to read for too long:
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer)
The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf)
After You'd Gone (Maggie O'Farrell)
Agnes Grey (Anne Brontë)

2011 titles:
1Q84 (Haruki Murakami)
Say Her Name (Francisco Goldman)
Blue Nights (Joan Didion)
The Marriage Plot (Jeffrey Eugenides)
The Tiger's Wife (Téa Obreht)

Ten books in twenty-one days?  I like this challenge.

Oh, and that picture up there?  A replica of it is hanging in my room at my parents' house.  I love it.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

you can do it! AHH! so many books to read over break.....so little time....... also let me know how agnes grey is. we read another anne bronte book for victorian lit! i really like her.....she seems more sane than the other sisters.

Laura said...

Yay for holiday lists! This is a good one. I can vouch for the awesomeness of "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and "The Poisonwood Bible." Both excellent. And I want to read "IQ84" and "The Marriage Plot" too! You can meet the challenge for sure!

Unknown said...

I have not read any of the 2011 books but I have read one on your pre-2011 list. You need to read it ASAP! Poisonwood Bible! I love love LOVE Barbara Kingsolver! Hope to see you tomorrow!