Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spaces




One of the papers I'm writing this term deals with homes, with spaces that we inhabit--our bodies, buildings, and our stories.  I think everyone desires a safe space to live, physical and otherwise, a safe space in which our full selves can fully be.

I think that the physical spaces we create to occupy should be a reflection of the self, a space that moves us to be comfortable but also to dream of expanding that zone of comfort.  For me, this is a room full of books and a great big window and a soft landing place--sofa, bed, or even a pile of pillows on the floor.  Whenever my husband and I look at places to live, I analyze each room's potential to become a mini library, a little space that's in my world but opens me up to a million others.

What kind of space do you love? What space makes you feel comfortable, safe, and happy?

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Looks cozy and relaxing :)))