Thursday, November 17, 2011

Memory/Dream


Source: flickr.com via Carlie on Pinterest



Sometimes, while I sleep, my memories and my dreams mix up together and take me to the few faraway places I've been, only in the present or the near future instead of in the past.  I usually wake up with a distinct sense of wanderlust and memory.  Almost every time, I've travelled to Poland again.

That's a part of my story you don't know.  It was just two weeks of one summer, my teenage years, and it was one of those experiences that shaped the person I've become--not just because of the travel, the expanding world, but because of something that happened in my heart, something still rather ineffable because I'm not sure what it was.  It could have happened anywhere, I suppose, but it happened there.

It's part of the story that I want to write, that I need to write, but have yet to form.  Yes, it's been around that long--six and a half years now.  I wonder how long it'll be until the words reach the page?  My friends from high school would laugh to hear me talk about Poland again.  I guess some experiences just never leave your heart, even if you're not sure how they got there.

My photos from the trip don't look like this one, but my memories do.

1 comment:

chanel said...

I love that...I imagine that your dreams will keep bringing you back to Poland until you finally get it down on paper (so to speak).

xo chanel
http://bywayofney.blogspot.com