Saturday, December 18, 2010

holiday DIY of the day #17: double dose!

Today's post comes from this Wednesday's DIY posts on Design*Sponge, which I've referenced only about a million times before.  I'm sure you've seen it, actually, but I couldn't help spotlighting it because it's got two terrific how-to projects by Marnie of Elk Accesorries.



The crescents sound heavenly.  I love mixed nuts in baked goods, but I wonder if you could sub in peanuts for someone with a nut allergy (like my mom).  If life doesn't take over, I'd like to make these for the round robin dinner my parents are planning after Christmas.

Meanwhile, as the little treats bake, you can make an adorable gift bag that, like the other gift wrap ideas featured so far, are reusable.  Wrap the food in wax paper and voila, you have a perfectly lovely gift!

So, head on over and see the how-to.  It's an easy-looking recipe, and the story of its origin is so sweet.  Enjoy!

No comments: