Friday, October 7, 2011

Three Things

It's all about the blue.  Occasionally I have little deviations to yellow or green, but I always come back to blue.  I blame my mother and the blues that have always filled my family's home--cobalt glasses, a blue and ivory kitchen, and a collection of blue-splattered stoneware.

Last time I wrote about the color blue and my little love for it (and aqua hues, too), I got some really cool comments.  I especially liked the thought Kim shared: blue is a reliable and trustworthy color.  It's friendly, it's comfortable, and it's calm.  I've recently discovered a love for navy that has finally returned four years after I work an unflattering box-pleated navy skirt with a polo for the last time.  Navy has everything I love about blues in general, but adds a little bit more class.

I think I need a blue dress...no, actually, I think I need another blue dress, a pair of navy tights, and the right short of shoes (but I don't know what that would be.  Thoughts?).

Source: madewell.com via Katie on Pinterest






Source: zara.com via Katie on Pinterest

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!  My husband is getting home tomorrow night and we're spending the weekend house/dog sitting for my parents...and studying.  I have fall break on Monday and Tuesday and Cory is heading out of town for job training, so you might actually hear from me. 

4 comments:

Laura said...

That first dress is SO cute! I love blue things too!

Unknown said...

lovely dresses. i am anything BUT blue lol i'm all about the earthy tones.

enjoy your weekend!

Kim W. said...

pretty dresses!!! :) i like the second one... so cute! have a good weekend too!!! xxkim

Jamie said...

I so wish you were coming to visit me on your long weekend!! Someday... :)