Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Fancies: a Summer Sunday Wedding

My friend is getting married on Sunday and I'm pretty crazy excited for her and only a little less excited about wearing a great dress.  I already have an outfit figured out (mostly), but that doesn't mean I can't imagine what I'd wear if I could go on a little spree and pick anything.

I always feel good when I wear blue and should wear it more often, so this chambray dress is perfect, especially because it's casual enough for the afternoon and a little bit dressy when paired with metallic accessories.  I possess an amazing ability to get cold even in supposedly warm places, so a shrug is a must. This one's pretty and won't hide my dress and I really wish I could afford it.  I'll probably put my hair up, so I think I'm going to try to recreate this braided chiffon headband today, since my last project went so well.

summer sunday wedding


Tibi ruched dress, £255
Alice Olivia sequin shrug, £380
Forever21 strappy sandals, $18
White House Black Market clutch handbag, $25
Navaglazer chain necklace, $119
Mimco crystal earrings, £28
Jane Norman headbands hair accessory, £10


Want to play Friday's Fancies, too?  Visit AV at Long Distance Loving and join in!


Megan, if you read this, congratulations!





3 comments:

kimbirdy said...

i love your wedding outfit. it's so cute, but looks comfy enough to dance the night away at a wedding.

Gloria said...

this is such a cute outfit - love that dress!

Call it Adventure said...

wow, that dress is adorable! I love picking out dream outfits. It's so much fun! I hope the weddings goes fabulously!