Sunday, June 12, 2011

how I wear my stripes

In addition to an apparent love for gray and yellow (which I again almost wore today.  But then I realized that my shirt would need ironing, which I hate, so I wore blue instead), I have a thing for stripes.  I blame Design*Sponge, even if the stripes featured there are generally for interiors and not wearing.  I went a long time (years) without wearing stripes because I felt like they hit my hips rather oddly, but I don't think anyone can hang out in the blogosphere for long without feeling the need to don some stripes.  Since joining in the trend, I've found stripes to be more flattering than I expected and an easy way to feel cute.  There's something terrifically chic and hopefully not too preppy about them, wouldn't you say?

French Essentials.
{by Clare Owen Illustration, via her Flickr}

When I cleaned out my closet last week, I found a few striped tops I really like, and so I just had to join in the Stripe Mania hosted by Holly Becker of Decor8.

{me, pre-haircut on a windy day}

I've been wearing this tee a lot lately (probably three times in the last two weeks)--it's easy to match, with the subtle gray and white stripe.  I have it in black and gray as well.  When I find something I know I can wear easily, I tend to buy two of it in different colors.  It helps me with that whole matching thing.  Does anyone else do that?

Click on the words "Stripe Mania" above the picture to find out how to join in the fun.  Tomorrow is the last day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both my husband and myself are obsessed with stripes. All things stripes. If there is a striped choice, we opt for it. So don't feel alone! You're never alone when it comes to stripes!