Tuesday, September 28, 2010

lately

lots of creating.

lots of working.

& a little getting lost.

there were some presents...




(of the just-because sort)




and a new skirt, inspired by this pattern from BurdaStyle





I skipped the elastic on the posted pattern because a) I can't find any, despite the amazing collection of notions my aunt gave me and b) I like sashes.  I initially made the skirt way way way too big.  It's still a bit largish, but I like how it fits with the sash now.  Maybe I'll take it in, maybe not.  Either way, I'm wearing it to work tomorrow.


I also worked on another bedsheet-to-dress project, but again, it didn't turn out, despite my modifications to the original way I made one.  Thankfully, this one's in good shape to become a very cute skirt.


In the meantime, I've been GRE-prepping.  Three weeks to go!  The algebra, though, oh, the algebra!  I can do the problems and get them right, but it does not make any sense to me at all.  None. Nada.  Oh well. That's why I took dual credit Calculus in high school--it meant I didn't need it in college!


I'm off to linguistics in a few minutes.  I hope you have something fun to look forward to, too!


No comments: