Thursday, January 20, 2011

just read :: The Kite Runner

Over the weekend, I read the copy of The Kite Runner that I picked out for myself for Christmas.



It's sad.  It's heartbreaking.  But it's also worth reading, especially in our current America.  I'm not about to lapse into politics or discussions of the past or present wars in the middle east, by any means, but I think that reading this novel will bring a new angle of perspective on the America we live in--and the global culture that this country exists in.

Aside from that, it's an elegantly narrated story with, as Isabelle Allende commented on the cover, all the makings of a great story.  Altogether, it's a worthwhile read.

 

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love this book! If you loved "The Kite Runner" you should read his second novel, "A Thousand Splendid Suns." It's equally as good, if not better.

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

This was a great book and I agree with Laura, A Thousand Splendid Suns was fantastic. I was especially impressed that Khaled Hosseni could capture both male (The Kite Runner) and female (A Thousand Splendid Suns) friendships so well!