Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ventures into the blogosphere: wildflowers::pretty

I found The Graceful Lady via Yes, Honey Chyle, a site I read regularly.  It seems there's a good number of us twenty-somethings with this love for all things of the past, those times we can go back to and examine with the advantage of hindsight, and learn from the old in creating something wonderfully new.

So take a trip over to The Graceful Lady, and look at her other sites and the historic garments she recreates.  I think this would have once been my dream job, and I must say, I wouldn't mind it too terribly now, either.

wildflowers::pretty

I think I'll go imagine I lived in the eighteen-sixties (only with modern amenities like heat and such) for a little bit now.  The snow is falling and bathing the modern world in a timeless layer of white.  It's irresistible.

No comments: