Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy 2011

Hello 2011!  You certainly caught me by surprise.

2010 was quite the year for C. and I.  We got married, we both moved into our apartment C-ville, C. had interviews and a wonderful job offer, and I graduated.  So 2011, you have some big shoes to fill!

I always make resolutions and promptly forget them.



In spite of that, here are some craft and domestic related things I'd like to take on in the new year, regardless of whether or not I remember them in a few hours.

1. Organize my crafts and my kitchen

2. Learn to knit

3. Learn to crochet

4. Improve my crafts and have a booth at a craft fair, then donate whatever amount I make to a nonprofit like Rapha House (or perhaps something similar here in the US)

5. Do all sorts of printmaking and create personalized gifts for my friends and family

6. Take a photography class

7. Read through at least another twelve (preferably more) of the BBC's The Big Read book list.  That's one per month.  It sounds manageable, considering I read four books in a week during my time off.  I'm a nerd like that.

I have personal goals, too, so finishing up this list is just the beginning.  With a new year and a fresh-feeling new start, I feel ready to take on new things!  What are you hoping to do?

1 comment:

Julia Beran the MOM said...

I would like to get to the bottom of my pile of books. I'm enjoying Barbara Kingsolver's books and North and South by Jakes. I would like to have more dinner parties, learn a new game, play guitar, walk the dog and enjoy Johanna's time at home before leaving for college this fall. I love the possibilities of 2011.