Saturday, April 16, 2011

hello, Saturday Morning (and weekend links)

{I'm hoping to see the sun today.}

I was meandering around Jill Bliss' blog and found this article that's gotten me thinking about how environmental ethics intersect with social ethics (conclusion: they intersect constantly).  Apparently, I was on a bit of a sociological studying kick last week, because I bookmarked this article about feminism and domesticity which, in spite of being written almost seven years ago, is still enormously relevant to the arts and crafts movement that I'm always reading and writing about.  As someone who lives in a small town and not far from a semi-abandoned building, I was drawn to this article filled with images of buildings "from a different era" that are on the edge of decay. The words and images on this blog are both beautiful and inspirational.  Take a look.  You'll like them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

Katie said...

Thanks!

Brandi said...

Thanks a bunch for the link to the first article. The intersection of social and environmental ethics is something I've been thinking about a lot lately, especially given the classes I've been TAing for.