Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello, Saturday Morning (and weekend links)

It's a rainy Saturday around here!  In the evening yesterday, a tornado was spotted less than three miles from us but thankfully did little damage and never came our (more thoroughly populated) way, and last night, it thundered and hailed for hours.  The next few days will be full of the same, so I'm looking at a lot of time indoors and wishing I'd brought my rain boots with me.  I hope the weather in your area is being a little nicer!

Rainy day

This week, I bookmarked this post on how to stock your pantry and plan to apply it when, you know, I have a pantry.  Another blogger linked to this article from Whole Living on the wabi sabi aesthetic/ethic.  I particularly like the method of applying wabi sabi principles in relationships; it would probably have a very positive impact in my life.  I discovered Pia Jane Bijkerk's blog just yesterday and I'm already in love with its style and feel--can you describe a webpage as feeling a certain way?  If you can, then hers has that same feeling you get when you walk in a historic building and everything is beautiful with age, classic style, and a little hint of glamor.
Easter is tomorrow and I don't know what we'll be doing, but I might have to decorate a few eggs, and I think I could make up dyes from stuff around my in-law's house if I follow the instructions here on naturally dyeing eggs.

Wabi Sabi, it never goes out of style.

Have a happy weekend and enjoy reading!

My husband's aunt is in the hospital this weekend and is still really sick, so would you keep her in your thoughts and prayers?  Hopefully she'll be home in a few days, but right now, the doctors don't know what's wrong.  

No comments: