Wednesday, May 18, 2011

another love

If you read this blog, you know I've got a thing for books, crafts, and pretty things.
You've  also figured out that I'm a nerd for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Every now and then, I come across things that combine the two with pleasing results.
Would you like to see?

I spotted one of the illustrated pages of this guide to Portuguese grammar.  Don't you wish they still illustrated book covers, instead of putting exceptionally clichéd photos all over the front?  The man in the striped shirt looks pretty fantastic, I think.

{click here for complete source information}

I really wish my French textbook was this fun inside.  I wonder what the story was in this lesson?

31 May 2010 022

The colors in this are great together.  This textbook might have actually made learning math a little more fun.  

I have a pack of vintage papers that I got from Alex Keller a few months ago (when I was lucky enough to win a certificate to her store) and I plan to scan some of them soon--I guess with the ease of digital photography and layouts, fun and whimsical illustrations in everyday, more utilitarian sorts of books, have sort of gone away. 



No comments: