Thursday, May 26, 2011

summer's coming

I'm a pretty serious water drinker (like, beyond the recommended amount of 6-8 eight-ounce glasses a day) and keep warm with multiple cups of hot tea in the winter, but when summer comes, I find myself craving a change, and I almost always end up sipping my two favorites: unsweetened fruit teas and lemonade.



I love how big jars of lemonade evoke summer, and I have a serious love for strawberry or raspberry lemonade.  I've been bouncing around summery images on pinterest and dreaming about a perfect picnic.    



When I have a more settled place (instead of hopping from my grandparents' to my in-laws' and back on a weekly basis), I want to have a picnic party.  All I need is an excuse and a day without weird weather!



Oddly enough, in spite of how many times I made huge batches and how many times running out of it slowed us down in the drive-thru, my favorite lemonade is from Chick-Fil-A, but I'll generally be content with little powdered packets at home.  

1 comment:

Brandi said...

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is flavor my water with slices of cucumbers or fruits. It's simple, but I love the refreshing twist it adds.