Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day!

I've got a lovely mom, mother-in-law, two wonderful grandmothers and grandmothers-in-law, and a whole bunch of terrific aunts.  Today is their day!


This is my mom's side of the family sometime between 1997 and 1999, judging by the backyard.
Starting from the left, in the top row are my namesake, Aunt Katharina, and her husband, my Uncle David; then my Uncle Jeff and my mom's twin sister, Auntie Franny; then my dad and my mom; on the next row are Papa and Oma and Jeffrey (now 19 and at Westpoint); on the bottom row are my sister, Jojo (now 18 and about to graduate), our dear old dog, Bucky, me, and Josh (now old enough to drive).
I'm pretty sure Josh and I were responsible for having the dog in the picture.  I doubt I shed any tears to make it happen, but I probably would have if necessary.

Please don't kill me for posting this picture.

I miss you guys!  Have a happy mother's day and I can't wait to live just a few minutes away (or in your house, Oma)!

I hope you give your mom a hug today--in person or in thought.  

No comments: