Wednesday, May 4, 2011

woolly branch centerpiece: a tutorial

I meant to post this on Friday last week, but then we went to Louisville and I was thinking about other things, so it's a bit late.  But then, anyone who knows me well can tell you that being late is sort of common with me.  I mean, I'm good about getting to work or to class on time (or very, very close to it), but if you're planning to have dinner with me at six, be ready to wait until five after (or even quarter after) the hour before seeing me.



Besides, do you ever really remember when bloggers say they'll post something next week or the week after?  I know that I don't.  Maybe that's just me and an early onset of those senior moments my middle school history teacher used to claim to have.  If I'm having them at twenty-two, though, I'm a wee bit concerned for the future.

Oh, what's that?  This is supposed to be a tutorial and not a stream of consciousness narrative concerning my momentary memory lapses?  I've done it again.  Here is a very simple project that looks very pretty in real life.  The photos confirm the great need for more sunshine and better light in the month of April here instead of ten-plus inches of rain.  Thank goodness the sun came out on Friday and Saturday!



It really is that easy.  Happy wrapping!

You may have noticed that I didn't use wool in this woolly centerpiece.  However, wooly sounds better than yarn-y (or does it?) and even though this was an acrylic yarn, it still has a bit of a wooly look.  I'm also allergic to wool, so I generally don't use any wool yarns.  Itchy reddish fingers, hands, and arms are unpleasant.  How's that for some great imagery?

2 comments:

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

That's really cute! They would make great place settings for a dinner party too I bet :)

Have a great day!

Katie said...

I think it'd be fun to have a whole bunch of them, actually, all in different colors.