Thursday, August 4, 2011

Collections

Yesterday, I saw this post on SFGirlByBay and thought about submitting something I collect, but then I realized I don't collect anything.  I mean, you could say I collect books and journals and paper goods, I suppose.  However, I tend to accumulate more than I collect them--they pile onto my desk and into boxes without any specific intent of building a collection.


Source: flickr.com via Tammy on Pinterest


Yet I like the idea of having a collection, even if it takes up space and time.  Collecting requires time, thought, and effort, unlike picking things up here and there.  Of course, there is a certain organic nature to picking things up more randomly, but there's still a natural pattern to collecting--knowing what you're looking for and finding it.  It's a conscious act.


Source: flickr.com via Tammy on Pinterest


Perhaps I need to start a collection.  Any ideas?

Doesn't that first collection make you laugh?

3 comments:

alexkeller said...

I tend to pile books and papers, too. But I started getting these little friendship dolls, Momiji. I guess, they're a collection. But I need to figure out a way to display them somewhere!

kimbirdy said...

i've never collected anything. i've always had teeny apartments so i never had the room for the necessary things let alone a collection. i suppose we have a lot of art stored away, which could be considered a collection. if anything though, i try to collect memories. those i can store in my journal, blog, and photos.

claire said...

I like the first collection...a mish-mash of things but they all go well together :)