Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Three Things

This might be a new series.  I'm not sure.  I'm not very good at keeping up with series, but I'm working on it.  I'd show three things I've found and liked, some affordable, others not--just things that make me happy and would be rather nice to own rather than just admire.

Anyway, these are three things I'd like to own.

#1.  This print.  I think it would actually be quite useful for me in addition to being pretty.  I'm getting a better grip on intertextuality in spite of my scattered and slightly messy undergraduate education, but a visual aid that's this pretty would be helpful and fun!

Source: etsy.com via Katie on Pinterest


#2: Dottie Angel's book is so pretty.  It's so fun.  I think it would make me smile and grin and laugh.  I almost bought it the other day, but after spending over two hundred dollars on school books (why must I need new editions?), I couldn't do it.



#3: I really want a new yellow sweater.  I managed to stain the sleeve of my current one--an Ann Taylor cardigan that I bought for $2.50 at Goodwill--and shrink it in the wash, but I still wear it sometimes.  I'm picky about sweaters, though, as I'm allergic to wool and don't care for acrylics.  Silk and cotton blends are my favorite, and this one from Land's End would do perfectly.  I just need to get over to the Sears store and see if they have it and what size is right.

3 comments:

alissa b said...

i'm a newbie to your blog! first, i love that cardi you picked out and second, that doodle cracks me up. i'm an english major in college and this is too relevant to my life! haha :)

alissa b
http://www.alissab.us

kimbirdy said...

oh wow i love that "cycles of influence" print! and the dottie angel book looks so lovely. i'm sure it's full of inspiration.

Anna said...

The circles of influence print is very cool!
Loving your blog,
Anna

http://aprettypoem.blogspot.com/