Wednesday, February 2, 2011

for my dog-loving friends and family...

This is far too darling, from Dottie Angel...


"little olive...using the couch as a 'step-up'..."


{click image or link to read the entire post and enjoy it}


It's no secret that I'm a serious dog person.  After I got over my fear of dogs around age five, my family found and adopted Bucky, the most blase and beloved cocker spaniel.



He lived thirteen happy years before having several strokes about three years ago.  I still get teary thinking about the good old dog.  He was my pet; I used to read him bedtime stories back when I was in grade school, I fed him, I took him for walks (which were always short), and never made it through a roll of film without a picture of him sleeping, which is what he did most of the time...


Only a few weeks after we lost him, my little sister found Dolly when she and my parents went to donate Bucky's old kennel to the humane society.  We weren't sure about a dog, but Dolly was a funny little bundle of energy that needed a loving family, and we had a space in our home.  Welcoming her in was a wonderful decision.



{Dolly, fall 2009}


She bounces about half the time and sleeps the other half.  Whenever I go back to my parents' after being gone for more than a week, she follows right at my heels.  She's a sweetheart, energetic and active (the complete opposite of Bucky), and a bundle of joy.


I always love finding that my favorite blog writers adore their pups as much as I do.  I hope you didn't mind me sharing about my family's pets.  Have a lovely day!

No comments: