Saturday, March 5, 2011

ventures into the blogosphere :: getting crafty with Poppytalk Handmade

I'm always looking for good DIY projects, things that you can personalize  and make your own, and this project, a guest post by Janis Nicolay of Pinecone Camp is most definitely of that sort.  Poppytalk Handmade is a site with that wonderful wabi-sabi aesthetic ever-present, so it's no surprise that I would find something I love here.  I don't know if the style in this project would fit well with my home in the style shared here, but I have some old wall paper found at the thrift store (formerly used to cover a headboard found on the side of the road) that just might work.  You could also use some odds and ends for this project--maybe the cover of a takeout menu with a pretty design or some wrapping paper.  I'd advise against any newspaper, though--with mod podge, the ink tends to run, I've learned.  You could always photocopy something, though, if you want that kind of a look.

poppytalk: Getting Crafty in Chinatown!


 



 



{Image by & belongs to Janis Nicolay}

No comments: